Holiday complex "Orlica - Pamporovo is a seasonal activity:
- from 1 December to 15 April;
- from 1 July to 31 August;
The holiday complex “Orlica” - Pamporovo is preferred in winter due to its proximity to the ski runs. Pamporovo is one of the most attractive winter resorts in Bulgaria, located in the Rhodope Mountains, at an altitude of 1650 meters, in the foothills of Mount Snezhanka. The mild climate due to the strong Mediterranean influence is behind the mild winters with over 100 days of sunshine which promise calm and steady weather.
Skiers prefer the resort for its many ski runs amidst pine woods. Most of the ski runs are located at an altitude of 1450 m to 1926 m. They have varying degrees of difficulty and are good for beginners and advanced skiers.
Map of ski runs
Attractive hiking routes in the vicinity of the holiday complex:
- The Church of the Assumption of the Virgin (“Uspenie Bogorodichno”), Pamporovo
- Mount Snezhanka – one of the hundred national historic sites
- Observatory in Smolyan
- Rhodope Karst Museum, Chepelare
- “Wonderful Bridges” (“Choudnite Mostove”), a locality 35 km northwest of the town
- Caves “Devil's Throat” (“Dyavolskoto Gurlo”) and “Haramiiska”, Trigrad
- Historic and Ethnographic Museum, Shiroka Laka
- Historic and Ethnographic Museum, Momchilovtsi
- Numerous hiking trails
map of walking trails
- Sofia - Pamporovo - 229 km, about 3 h;
- Varna - Pamporovo- 436 km, about 6 h;
- Bourgas - Pamporovo- 326 km, about 5 h;
- V. Turnovo - Pamporovo- 257 km, about 4 h;
- Haskovo - Pamporovo- 135 km, about 2 h and 30 min.;
- Plovdiv - Pamporovo- 82 km, about 1 h and 30 min.